Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Obsess with a Fandub/Adaptation

There are tons of fandubs to Bakemonogatari's ED song...So many that youtube had to erase a bunch of them EVEN the good ones...

Anyway, a found new adaptation recently in Spanish, the lyrics are completely different from the translation since it is an adaptation...and it makes me want to cry. DAMN IT!!!!


I ended up translating this adaptation, because I am masochist (T^T)*

"The Story that you don't Know"
My life used to always elapse in silence.
I never dreamt of harboring these feelings, until you pierced my heart.

That day we skipped classes and I ended up wounded after running behind you.
          A wound that has lasted since that day.
        “You are my friend above everything else”
I thought I could easily accomplish this, but I had to confuse everything.

They couldn’t wait to tease me and I wanted to cry…
But I saw you and hide it.
Until this day
I don’t understand the reason
Why I keep thinking of you
I know very well that for you, I will special never be
But my pitiable heart…
Keeps telling me it’s love

Every time I saw you, I was blind to the world
Like this inadvertent it was and you never noticed
But luck…never brought us together…
I felt like a little girl when I cried
Not understanding why I expected more from you
Maybe I was always deluded…

Until one day I saw her by your side and then I understood
There is no more to this
If your love I will never have.
An illusion was born and I fake to have the courage
But I could not let you know
Why did our end have to be like this?
I lost your love…I deserve it…I know
This is not my place

With my heart I wish to vanish
And once again share that gorgeous yesterday with you
But I…
Don’t deserve anything but your farewell
But embrace me and tell me, it never occurred
That I dreamt all of this

What could it be?
What did I do wrong?
Heart, please stop
Tell me…I have to endure it
Because our goodbye I couldn’t avoid

There is no way back
I was not able to speak
But I loved you to rage.

And a part of me…is forever gone with you
In silence, like I used to be
My unspoken heart wished to bury your goodbye
But everything was in vain; I still want to go back
And share with you the same place
Where my big secret was born

You were my illusion and first love
I have the hope that…
One day, I'll get to see you again…

~~~

This lyrics make me want to do a fandub of it in English...but a fandub out of an adaptation sounds a little weird, should I do it?

No comments:

Post a Comment