Monday, November 11, 2013

Not Alone in Loneliness

I have memories of you that live in my brain.

I have the pictures of you that remain in my cell.

I have the songs you sent me, lyrics that speak your truth.

I have your eyes that see me through my own reflection in the mirror.

I have your scent impregnated on my skin that came to be after your invisible touch.

I have the love you gave me, penetrated in my heart after you affections reached my fragile soul.

I have your fingerprints all over my body where your words were written with careless bittersweet ink.

I have pieces of you and me that were combined after a lovely poisoned time, time that once lived it never comes back.

If I have all of these, then...tell me why is it, that after your disappearance, I feel profoundly lonely?

No comments:

Post a Comment