Thursday, March 12, 2015

February Lootcrate, Not so much "Play" theme, Le Munny, and Ready Player One

Hello lovelies~

I need publicity! I'm shameless to say that I am doing this post for that whole sole purpose. I am going to try to mask it a little and said a few words for "Ready Player One" but really, this is all for all of you to vote for my cute little Munny:

I added it on two categories:

Best Basic:
https://gleam.io/g/G6OjR/ijod

Most Fashionable:
https://gleam.io/g/AmjKS/ijoe

Why should you vote for my kawaii creation?

I only used the three sharpies in the box! If this is creative I don't know what else it is! It has dried autumn leaves on the head, that match with the glasses and look at the attire! It has square checkboard pants (Even though it was supposed to be a skirt) and the mouse with a mustache on the shirt (It was not intended to be a Junjou Romantica Panda...)

I feel like this is somehow turned into a sales post...

The froggy I got from Betoyo and I have no clue what it is or where it came from, but is poking the little munny's belly. So kawaii~  I know :3


Anyway, please vote for me, I will really appreciate it.

Thank you~

Bye~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just kidding, I'm going to keep talking about the book, but first... I think I'm one of the few who was slightly disappointed at the Lootcrate. I don't think all the items conveyed the whole theme which was "Play"

I feel like they put a lot of effort into the board game that was included in the crate, but every other item was just placed randomly with a lame excuse as to make it fit into the theme. The Munny, per se, is it a "Play with yourself" sort of thing? *Insert inappropriate joke here* but really, what else was it suppose to be? The nano mini robot toy... Let your cat "Play" with it? I am starting to believe Lootcrate ordered a million of these things and they are just giving them away, every freaking change they get! I got a mysterious box with one, I got a PAXSouth crate with one of them, and the first one I got was from the "Transform" crate...I don't want this to turn into a rant but, I don't want them anymore!!! As much as I would like to think I can sell them as mini vibrators, I don't think I can, so please...I don't want them anymore. My cat is already bored with so many of them... (Not really, but for rant purposes I am saying he does!)

 Going on a roll with the rant, I shall now talk about what I dislike about "Ready Player One" 

Here's the wiki page if you wanna know the plot and whatnot, my lazy comrades: Ready Player One- Ernest Cline

*Spoiler Rant- Review for Ready Player One*

There's not much to hate about this book, I did enjoy it. The only flaw that I can see about it is the writing style.

I am about to commit harakiri over here, but I find the narration style just like mine...which in a few words, it kinda sucks!

What I mean here is that it goes straight to the point, it doesn't really narrates in detail anything, the use of the usual literary devices like metaphors and similes are not really there... It is not poetic at all, like I said it goes straight to the point and the reader only gets external references to get a visual picture. If you haven't seen the movies, games or heard the music...You will not get the entire picture.

When I mumble in here, in this blog, I pretend that you guys in the internet will know what the hell I'm talking about and thus,  I have no need to embellish my language nor go into detail, pretty much throw you a reference and photos. Well, just like there is a lack of photos in this post, you will not see any in the book. Good luck visualizing 75% of the book if you did not grow in The United States during the 80s.

Personally, I imagined most of the book with what I remember seen not whenever I was a kid, but as an adult since...First of all, I was out of the time period and second, I spent all my childhood in South America. Thanks to the internet I could search for the music, images, and whatnot to visualize certain aspects of the book. However, I feel like I must have missed the melancholy that comes remembering stuff from whenever you were a kid. Playing the games, memorizing the lines of the movie and rocking it hard with the music and whatnot.

So yeah, be prepare for a cultural and historical clash if you have a different background. If you are lazy and don't get the references, well...stay for the story?

If you liked Indiana Jones, this is the book you should be reading!

I can't wait for a movie and the second book because of this reason. I love the idea of solving puzzles and adventure. I like the challenge and I am pretty proud to say I kinda solved the first key location. Not really because of the riddle but expectations and whatnot...I still did it so HA! I mean, come on, the kiddo is poor and he tells you he solved the damn thing at the beginning of the book, so it was given that the first key was in a free server. The riddle had something to do with learning so come on...given that it was at a school, duh~

The other ones, I'm just gonna said you needed more information from the world itself to solve them (That's my excuse, the lack of knowledge inside the book's universe) Anyway, the riddles are just the beginning. The plot twists! #OMG

I was like "shit! They actually tried to kill the kiddo," "damn,they got inside the gate and got 'killed,'" "WAIT...HE IS A SHE?!!!! (I did not expect this one at all),  "WTF? that makes no sense. HE IS A HIKIKOMORI, HE SHOULD HAVE FREAKED THE FUCK OUT WHENEVER HE GOT OUT OF HIS ROOM!!!" (Yeap, I am being sarcastic on the last one)

It has good plot twists but it also has the expected incidents; like the coin that gives an extra life, I saw that one coming a mile away, Wade and Art3mis falling in love and their whole "We can't be together until we get rich  find the egg," the way the story was going to end was straight from point A to B which is not bad but not excellent. Everyone could tell there was going to be an "epic" battle with mecha and magic, because that is a classic with the last minute win when hope was almost gone. Guy gets the girl and ends up rich "From zero to hero"

I still don't understand the whole Wade going to slavery and been okay with it, you know been around actual people and seen the world after isolation. I don't think that is a credible behavior, nor how he became a super kick ass hacker but whatevs, it is fiction and it kinda fits the geeky classic hero game theme.

The rhythm is pretty well done, the author has a good pace, I did not get bored and I just wanted to keep reading and overall I can only say it has an amazing flow. I am so grateful when authors do this, right now I am half way another book and it is barely starting to get into the actual plot (I'll rant over it whenever I'm done with it)

In summary, for sure, I'll be reading the second novel. I need a system of rating...I guess it will be pandas with mustaches because why not?

Yes, panda from Junjou Romantica



4 out of 5 mustached pandas :{D

That's it, if you want to have a discussion about the book, keep it to yourselves. I can really careless BWHAHAHAHAHA just vote for my Munny! ;D

See ya later lovelies,

May our paths cross and blend into the same fate...Takano san <3

No comments:

Post a Comment